Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I'm A Mommy

First and foremost, I'm a mommy. I change diapers. I feed, burp, and soothe. I laugh, play, rejoice, and cry. That's what's the most important.

While those are most important, they are not the only things that are important. There are a lot of other things I consider important and I will be discussing them. A lot of what I do is considered "controversial" because it does not concede to what is popular or accepted. I don't have to do what everyone else is doing or do it because they don't know any different. I make choices that others don't agree with. I am okay with that. I respect others' choices even if I don't agree and I expect the same courtesy here.

Why is this a big deal to me?

Well, along with changing, feeding, burping, playing, and soothing...I feel it's important to respect my daughter. I expect respect from others and if it is received, it is returned. If it is not received, there is a chance it may not be given. I feel respect is extremely important to teach and I will strive for that on this blog. So don't come to troll, you won't get a rise out of me, and likely your comments will be deleted. An advanced warning.

Now that that's over with.

My name is Ashley but I prefer to go by Rose, although those that know me refuse that preference. So I will take either interchangeably. I have an almost-9 month old daughter, Mairead. That rhymes with parade, FYI. I have a loving partner who is the love of my life, Jeff.

So, you're probably wondering what type of mom I am. At least, if you're another mom...you're wondering. I'm one of the nuts. The crunchies. The granola hippies. 'Attached' parent. Whatever you'd like to call it, I prefer to be called a 'mommy.'

Do we co-sleep? Yes.
Do we breastfeed? Yes.
Do we CIO? No.
Do we vaccinate? No.
Do we homebirth, homeschool, or homeopath? Not yet. But we will.
Do we do other controversial things? Of course. But that's not to say others who do not do what we do are wrong. They're just other parents, doing their thing.

This is going to be an open forum of my thoughts and topics I want to talk about; and I welcome suggestions for topics, advice, as well as opinions, comments, and people of all kinds.

No comments:

Post a Comment